Here's the beginning of a story that a friend suggested (hi, Rory) and that I thought I'd try out.
This week's featured word was his idea, too. I'm just giving credit where credit's due!
(hee hee... I heart making hidden couplets. Be on the lookout for more.)
Anyway, here's what I came up with.
It's just a title. Nothing to get upset about.
But really.
What is in a name?
If you ask me, a lot.
I'm a great example. See, I'm a perfectly likable person. I get good grades, I'm not rude or mean or insensitive, my clothes are - well, if not at the peak of fashion, they're at least pretty high on the slope. But I don't have friends. Not one.
The reason?
My name.
It's so unusual, so uncommon, that most people who hear it think it's some exotic, lightning-fast rhinoceros eel from South America, or a hostile, recently-discovered tribe of three-toed gecko people, indigenous to some tiny, uncharted island in the Mediterranean. But rest assured, It's me.
What is it?
I can't tell you. You'll laugh uproariously, walk away, and then never speak directly to me, for fear of catching weirdnameitis. Just like everyone else. Even certain adults!
Promise you won't?
Swear you'll stick with me through this arduous and not-altogether-pleasant story that just happens to be my life?
All right. Fine.
My name is Kufritka.
Kufritka Ilgudrusk.
You can laugh now. I'm used to it.
Haha, I wasn't really sure if you could make a good story out of what I told you, but you really pulled it off! :) I really liked it!
ReplyDelete