Saturday, October 2, 2010

Multiple-Reader Poem

Have you ever heard of multiple-reader poems? They're poems written for more than one voice, with certain lines read by one voice and others simultaneously. If you look at the one I've written for two people, I think you'll see better what I mean. One person reads the character of June, another of December. (June, December, simultaneously)

Flashing,
Freezing,
Golden breezings
Toasty nose
and
hot days steaming
Drifts of snow
and
three below!
Want some heat?
Well, here you go!
Bundle up now,
humankind,
In my depths
I think you'll find
that
Warmth and laughter
Have no place here!
Skip and chase here!
Let me fill you
with giddy joy!
Play and toy
With you
I know
Ice and snow!
Summer
Winter
Lasts forever.


If you want, read it aloud with a friend and tell me what you thought. Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I like all of the clever rhyme scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! You should upload an mp3 of an actual reading!

    ReplyDelete