Friday, October 1, 2010

Lily Larouche Rap!!!

One of my favorite books is The Order of Oddfish, and I was bored and wrote a rap about a character from it. James Kennedy, this one's for you!

Lily Larouche Rap
Lily Larouche was a famous movie star
She vacationed in Tahiti or on the Cote d'Ivoire
She was the tabloids' favorite, caused a rumor a week
But Miss Larouche's style was always quite unique.
She got busted twice for reckless hot air ballooning
But she didn't mind; no, she found it quite amusing
The President Dwight Eisenhower loved her from afar
One quiet Christmas Eve, he sent his eyebrows in a jar!
Then suddenly the great Larouche was gone, right off the map
This vanishing was big, it left the tabloids in a flap
They swore, "We won't forget her!" but as the years wore on
Detectives and search parties had naught to build upon
Her memory just faded from everybody's mind
Until, forty years later, Lily awoke to find
She was in her Ruby Palace (her giant crimson home)
The sobs of a small baby said she wasn't alone
She followed to the laundry room where she was shocked to see
A baby in her washer, pinned to the cloth a plea:
Please take care of Jo, but beware: DANGEROUS baby!
Lily thought the unknown note-writer to be crazy
For Jo seemed just as dangerous as a glass of milk
But Lily, she got older, lost her grip, wore gowns of silk
That she used to use in movies she filmed in days of glory
And little Jo grew older - well, that's another story!


(I don't know much about rap, so I don't know how good this is, sorry.) I think I'll try to make a rap for every major character in The Order of Oddfish. I may also post a recording of myself doing this one. Be on the lookout!















5 comments:

  1. Rhyming "movie star" with "Cote d'Ivoire"= awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do a rap about the really long poems that Jo and Fiona had to recite to eachother! I'm just saying, that'd be really cool! Or a Nora rap about how her life is devoted to watching Teenage Ichthala!!!And I have to agree that rhyming with "Cote d'Ivoire" is awesome. I never would have thought of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cote d'Ivoire means "Ivory Coast", right?
    Sorry, I'm not all that fluent in French...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The President Dwight Eisenhower loved her from afar
    One quiet Christmas Eve, he sent his eyebrows in a jar!"

    This needs to be recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this, and I loved the video! The world must be informed!

    ReplyDelete