Sunday, November 7, 2010

Order of Oddfish cover

Okay, so some of you know that my uncle James Kennedy has written a marvelous YA novel called The Order of Odd-Fish. (Attention people: It's not Order of the Oddfish. It's not Oddfish or Odd Fish or even, dare I say, Autd Phiiche. It's just The Order of Odd-Fish. Odd hyphen fish. Got that?
Sorry, It just really bothers me when people misspell stuff. Call me a grammar freak, but there you are. ANYWAY, James Kennedy wrote this amazing book (which I encourage you all to read) and I drew some illustrations of scenes from the book. Most recently, however (and by most recently I mean a few months ago) I penned (or should I say colored-penciled?) my own version of a cover illustration.
Below, you can see my own cover. To see the actual covers from the paperback and hardback editions, I suggest you Google "The Order of Odd-Fish cover" or some such.



I know it's a little small, but hey, what's a girl with only a slight knowledge of scanners and their devious inner mechanisms to do? Along the bottom: Jo, Lily Larouche, Colonel Korsakov, Ian Barrows, Nora McGunn, the Belgian Prankster. Also, by the way, I've posted a poll at the top right of the page concerning what you would like to see on this site in the future. Please vote - I'd like to know your opinion!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome as usual. I've got to get this on my site, stat! THANKS!

    Btw, I'm still working on the Wrinkle in Time thing . . . probably be done with it after Thanksgiving, then we can have the cast over for a screening... deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. :) This book is on my top five (or ten...maybe twenty) books to read during break(s). :)

    --Ms. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ms. Kim: Awesome. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only did I read Order of Odd-Fish, I purchased a copy to read. I also enjoyed it, even though I am an OA (yes now I know what YA is). Thought it wandered back in forth a little, but then so do many authors like Cussler for example. I gave it to my GK'ds in OH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love order of odd fish! it's a great book and i laughed a ton! everyone says i'm just like nora! i think we should start an order of odd fish. (as anyone in my band knows, i REALLY like fish... and oddness)

    ReplyDelete