Saturday, August 28, 2010

Do you remember...

...when I posted a piece about a boy named Daniel Jack Johnson? It was on October 17, 2009. Here's the next bit.

But anyway, on this particular first-day-of-school, my sister's Borogrove and Mome Rath nonsense woke me up, just like last year and the year before and so on. But I woke up feeling different. Older. More confident, and definitely ready to face fifth grade. So I jumped out of bed, dashed to the door, and yanked it open. My sister, now sixteen, stood there in her glittery high heels, her lipstick the color of a new fire engine.
"Laura," I said smoothly, "There are no such things as Borogroves and Mome Raths and even if there were, they wouldn't need me." With that, I shut the door in her face.
I dressed and ate quickly that morning. I wanted to make a good impression today.

So what do you think, readers? Is anyone reading this except my parents? Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment